CEE’s youth looks for innovative solutions. CEE Digital Summit 2023 side-event
Technological education of the young generation of CEE is a key step towards the region’s digital transformation. On September 20th in Warsaw, a meeting will be held, bringing together ambitious, technologically-inclined young people, educators, digital industry representatives and policy-makers. It will serve as a platform of promotion of innovativeness amongst the youth and for a discussion revolving around environmental, social, and corporate governance obligations of the digital industry in terms of making the next generation involved and equipped with necessary digital competences to face the challenges of tomorrow. The “New generation for the digital era” will feature the launch of the next edition of Samsung’s Solve For Tomorrow programme.
Solving the tomorrow today
On September 20th, the young generation will meet the officials responsible for the progress of their environments to discuss the importance of digital competence, the way it is spread in schools and the key challenges ahead of preparing the general population for the market of tomorrow in the scope of ongoing regulatory proceedings, during the “New generation for the digital era”. The upcoming event will also feature workshops for students looking to study abroad and take their responsibility for shaping their future to the next level.
During the “New generation for the digital era” meeting, innovative, young teams will present their cutting-edge ideas, awarded in the Samsung’s Solve For Tomorrow program, dedicated to helping young minds to envision and realize innovative solutions that can resolve challenges and risks that their communities face. Solve For Tomorrow is a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) based contest created to foster problem solving skills while promoting the positive impact young minds can have on our society. Participants will be able to learn more about the upcoming edition of the contest and become inspired to become involved in solving the challenges of tomorrow.
- We are well aware of the fact that it is the young generation that will truly take over and benefit from the digital transformation. However, they will also be the ones to tackle the new challenges, using a wide range of tools and technologies unheard of before. We invite the young innovators to join us, discuss the future of innovation and learn more about what can we do for them to help them on our common digital path - says Michał Kanownik, president of Digital Poland Association and the leader of CEE Digital Coalition.
“New generation for the digital era” will be held on 20th September 2023, 10:30 CET at Samsung R&D Institute Poland, Warsaw Spire, Plac Europejski 1, Warsaw, Poland.
To learn more about Solve For Tomorrow visit: LINK
10:30 – Registration
11:00 – Opening remarks
- Michał KANOWNIK, President of Digital Poland Association
- Conor PIERCE, President, SAMSUNG Electronics Polska
11:30 – Presentation of Solve for Tomorrow 2022 winning projects from Romania and launch of the new edition
11:55 – Fireside chat
- Sylwia WILKOŁZAK, Teacher from W.Jagiełły high school in Krasnystaw, supervisior of the winning SFT team
12:05 – Debate: Today meets tomorrow
Young innovators and activists meet the business representatives and public officials responsible for shaping an increasingly digital reality. They will confront their views and expectations, discuss the importance of digital competences, ways of disseminating them in schools, and indicate the key challenges facing society in preparing for the challenges of tomorrow.
- Antoni RYTEL, Deputy Director of GovTech Poland, Plenipotentiary of the Minister of Education and Science for digital transformation
- Michał KANOWNIK, President, Digital Poland Association
- Kamil TOMKOWICZ, Member of the Board, Our Future Foundation
- Iwona BRZÓZKA- ZŁOTNICKA, President, Digital Dialogue Association
12:55 – Summary of part 1
13:05 – Keynote “Let’s go! The world is about to start”
- Nataniel BROŻNOWICZ, co-founder of maturalni.com, educational influencer
14:00 – Lunch